As we told you a few days ago, during this month in the blog, we talked about the different types of returnable packaging that exist.
In this post, we define plastic returnable packaging whose purpose is optimal for transportation and storage over long periods of time.
The logistics industry is beginning to clearly perceive the advantages of using returnable transport packaging systems.
Compared to single-use packaging, returnable packaging optimizes the supply chain, making it more efficient and environmentally friendly. Although this type of packaging requires an initial investment, it usually pays for itself within the first few months and leads to significant savings in logistics costs. See for yourself by calculating how much you can save per year with returnable packaging.
There is a wide range of returnable packaging solutions for every need. We have already explained which wooden returnable packaging is commonly used and which metal returnable packaging is the most commonly used. In this post we will explain the most commonly used plastic returnable packaging and its benefits.
Properties of plastic Packaging
Plastic is one of the most commonly used packaging materials. It stands out for its lightness, resistance and high protection against external factors such as humidity, temperature or microorganisms. All these innate characteristics have made it an essential packaging material for the food, agricultural and pharmaceutical sectors.
Plastic packaging can be easily handled. And because of its durability, it is a returnable packaging with an excellent price/performance ratio. Especially now, when due to the scarcity of raw materials such as wood and the rise in market prices, it is a very competitive product.
What are the most common plastic returnable packages?
The most commonly used plastic returnable packaging models are:
- Plastic boxes. They are detachable, stackable and very versatile. They can be folded, taking up less storage space. They save 85% in return transport and storage. There is the possibility of providing the box with a lock, securing the goods. Manufactured in polyethylene and polypropylene. They are suitable for food use and are available in different sizes and types.
- Removable and reusable plastic packaging. This type of plastic packaging is characterized by its strength, low weight, reusability and re-stackability. They are available in several standard sizes that cover most of the needs of the packaging sector.
- Plastic pallets. Manufactured to support medium and heavy loads, plastic pallets are lightweight, durable and reusable. They are available in a range of standard sizes.
- Lego pallet/paletkit. It is a modular plastic pallet that can be disassembled for its return. The parts that deteriorate over time can be easily replaced. In addition, it is dimensional according to your needs. Being modular, it can be assembled as long as required and benefit from a logistical return.
- Woodyplast collars. These collars are manufactured with a combination of materials: 70% wood (spruce) and 30% plastic (PP + additives). This mixture is then thermoplastically processed into granules and WPC is obtained. They are highly resistant to moisture and are 100% recyclable. They are available in standard sizes.
In short, there are different plastic returnable packaging that can be an efficient and cost-effective alternative to your conventional packaging system.
Contact 360 Eco Packaging. We will help you find the right solution for your logistics processes.